Individual Booking Terms
We reserve the right to only accept bookings of 2 nights or more. This typically only applies on Saturdays and other High Days and holidays. All prices are subject to change at no prior notice.
Cancellations made after 14 days but more than 7 days of the reserved date will be charged ½ the full reserved rate. Cancellations made within one week of the reserved date will be charged full reservation rates unless we are able to book your room for those same dates. To receive a full refund cancellations must be made a full 14 days in advance of your reserved dates.
We do work with our guest in the event of an unexpected, justified emergencies such as illness or family death. We will need proof of these emergencies in order to make a full refund minus a $25.00 service fee if past the cancellation date.
Guest are expected to pay ½ deposit upon reservation of any room or cabin and balance is due upon arrival. Credit cards, checks, money orders,or travelers checks can be given to hold reservations. Any mailed deposits must be received within one week from date of making the reservation in order to hold your requested accommodation.
Major credit (Visa & MasterCard) and debit cards are accepted. Cash or check are accepted only when paying a deposit for a wedding or paying for an organised function. NOT lodge accommodation. Sorry we do not accept Diners Club or American Express cards.
Rooms are normally ready after 3pm. You may leave your bags with us if you wish to arrive before this time.
Please vacate your rooms by 12pm (noon) to allow us to service the rooms for new arrivals.
Dogs are allowed, but only outside in the dog park area which has a dog house available. Some exceptions can be made for well trained indoor pets at the cottage only.
Safety and Valuables
We cannot accept responsibility for valuables left in your room.
Late Check out
Late check out is available on request (please note cannot be guaranteed in advance)
If you leave property at the lodge it will be held for 30 days at the lodge. It is your responsibility to contact us and arrange its claim. If you do not contact us within this time property will be donated to our local good will shop. We apologize that we cannot keep property indefinitely.
We are a no smoking facility within the buildings but smoking is permitted outside or on the screened in porch areas.
A liability waiver must be signed for participation in our on-site activities and all house rules concerning those activities must be followed. You shall be liable to pay for any damage to hotel property that you, or someone in your party, have caused. Only candles we provide may be used in any of our accommodations.
Young’s Lodge on the Chariton will only be liable to the guest for injury to persons or loss or damage to property where and to the extent that it has been negligent but otherwise will be under no liability to them whatsoever.
Although we do not have special facilities for children they are welcome. Out of respect for those couples seeking a romantic get-a-way, an 8:00 curfew will apply for children at the main lodge, lake, or hot tub areas. Exceptions are allowed for groups or families that rent all accommodations.
Group Booking Terms
As for Individuals except:
- Charges will be made on the following basis in the event of cancellation of part or all of the accommodation booked where we are unable to re-let.
- 6 weeks notice prior to arrival. No charge
- 4 weeks notice prior to arrival. 50% total anticipated charge.
- 2 weeks notice prior to arrival; 75% total anticipated charge
- less than 2 weeks notice 100% total anticipated charge
- Cancellation insurance is available and a proposal form will be sent to you on request.
Travel Agent Booking Terms
As for Individuals except:
Cancellation charges will be made where we are unable to re let the cancelled accommodation. The full amount will be payable if you do not notify us by 1pm three full days in advance of the day of arrival. Special terms apply to group bookings.
Horses and Ponies
We do not have any stable facilities at present.
Weddings are subject to individual terms and conditions plus specific wedding terms, below:
- All prices are subject to change at no prior notice.
- The Lodge reserves the right to cancel a wedding without consultation – 21 days notice in writing to be given. All monies excluding deposit will be returned unless special terms and conditions agreed.
If bride and groom wish to cancel:
In the event of a cancellation between the date of booking until six months before your deposit will be forfeited. ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON REFUNDABLE. If you cancel from six to three months before then 33% of the estimated cost will be payable. From three months to one month before the function 66% of the estimated cost will be payable. Then if you cancel in the last month 90% of the estimated cost will be payable.
- We attempt to offer everything as per the brochure but reserve the right to amend as necessary without prior notice.
- Weddings are special events and bespoke packages and special requests are important, we attempt to achieve these for guests but they are only requests and cannot be guaranteed and are subject to change/ amendment or revoked until confirmed booked in your proposal.
- Special requests and externally organised requests and can also subject to the terms and conditions of the company organising such produce, skill or equipment.
- The proposal forms the basis of your wedding and therefore these cancellation terms.
- We strongly recommend that our wedding parties take out cancellation insurance in case of, for example, family sickness.
- Booking your wedding is deemed acceptance of the Young’s Lodge on the Chariton terms and conditions
- Bride and groom to be responsible for all damages incurred
Terms and conditions as per individual booking conditions, However cancellation policy is different and deposits are forfeited one month before the package commences and cancellation within 1 month of the package commencing results in the full amount being charged.
Public Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided free of charge to you, a guest
Your access to the Service is completely at the discretion of the the Lodge (Young’s Lodge on the Chariton). Access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of this Agreement, actions that may lead to liability for the Lodge, disruption of access to other users or networks, and violation of applicable laws or regulations. The Lodge reserves the right to monitor and collect information while you are connected to the Service and that the collected information can be used at discretion of the Lodge, including sharing the information with any law enforcement agencies.
The Lodge may revise this Agreement at any time. You must accept this Agreement each time you use the Service and it is your responsibility to review it for any changes each time.
We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, INCLUDING CHANGES THERETO, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
- that the Service may not be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that your device may be exposed to viruses or other harmful applications through the Service;
- that the hotel does not guarantee the security of the Service and that unauthorized third parties may access your computer or files or otherwise monitor your connection;
- that the Lodge’s ability to provide the Service without charge is based on the limited warranty, disclaimer and limitation of liability specified in this Section and it would require a substantial charge if any of these provisions were unenforceable;
The service and any products or services provided on or in connection with the service are provided on an “as is”, “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees with respect to the content or service and the operation, capacity, speed, functionality, qualifications, or capabilities of the services, goods or personnel resources provided hereunder, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral or written statements by the Lodge, or otherwise (including, but not limited to any warranty of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title and non-infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed.
2. Acceptable Use of the Service
- 2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- 2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidating or which could be classed as harassment;
- 2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- 2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
- 2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- 2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
- 2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our work;
- 2.1.7 are bulk and/or commercial messages;
- 2.1.8 contain forged or misrepresented message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message;
- 2.1.9 are activities that invade another’s privacy; or
- 2.1.10 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- 2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- 2.3 You must not use the service to access illegally or without authorization computers, accounts, equipment or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another system. This includes any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration, including, but not limited to, port scans, stealth scans, or other information gathering activity.
- 2.4 You must not use the service to distribute Internet Viruses, Trojan Horses, or other destructive software.
- 2.5 The Service is intended for the Lodge guest use only. Access to this Service must not be used for commercial activity.
- 2.6 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.5 above.
- 2.7 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- 2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
3. Criminal Activity
- 3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United States or in any country throughout the world.
- 3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- 3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we will monitor your activity while you use this service and keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
- 3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Other Terms
- 4.1 Under no circumstances will the Lodge, their suppliers or licensors, or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates be liable for consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, based on claims of the Guest or its appointees (including, but not limited to, unauthorized access, damage, or theft of your system or data, claims for loss of goodwill, claims for loss of data, use of or reliance on the service, stoppage of other work or impairment of other assets, or damage caused to equipment or programs from any virus or other harmful application), arising out of breach or failure of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise.
- 4.2 You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Lodge and its suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates from any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost, or expense (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to your use of the Service, any materials downloaded or uploaded through the Service, any actions taken by you in connection with your use of the Service, any violation of any third party’s rights or an violation of law or regulation, or any breach of this agreement. This Section will not be construed to limit or exclude any other claims or remedies that the Hotel may assert under this Agreement or by law.
- 4.3 This Agreement shall not be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, agency relationship or granting a franchise between the parties. Except as otherwise provided above, any waiver, amendment or other modification of this Agreement will not be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom enforcement is sought. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, in whole or in part, such holding will not affect the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement.
- 4.4 The Lodge’s performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement shall waive or impede the Hotel’ right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this Service or information provided to or gathered by the Lodge with respect to such use. This Agreement constitutes the complete and entire statement of all terms, conditions and representations of the agreement between you and the Lodge with respect to its subject matter and supersedes all prior writings or understanding.
By agreeing to the terms of service, I confirm that I accept these terms and conditions as the basis of my use of the wireless internet access provided.
We know you will enjoy Young’s Lodge on the Chariton and we look forward to your stay!